Motyar

@motyar

Freelance Web Developer

Static Web Hosting, made easy

Jul 24, 2014

Making MongoDB and MySql run simultaneously on Ubuntu

I am using a linux VPS for development. Was using it for PHP application, but as I started with NodeJS, I installed MongoDB on it.

Everything was working well but suddenly MySql stopped working.

I checked the and found this error

/usr/sbin/mysqld: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/ibAJK' (Errcode: 13) 


Solution?

Following commands solved the issue, I think it was a permission problem.

chown root:root /tmp
chmod 1777 /tmp
service mysql start

But I got this error in mongoDB log

locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid

Solution? Yes, Run this command in terminal:

export LC_ALL=C
mongod --fork --logpath /var/log/mongodb.log

Now both MongoDB and MySql are running on my VPS.



By :